Business Analyst V
Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2023
- The Audience and Cross-Channel Strategy team AXM is part of Amazons Global Brand and Fixed Marketing GBFM and is in charge of strengthening our audience-first data-driven and outcome-based approach across advertising and marketing campaigns.
- We're looking for an Audience Data Strategy Lead to be the bridge between applied data scientists within our measurement and media planning team MODE and the Sr. Marketing Managers leading Audience and Cross-Channel Media Strategy for each of our business priorities within our Integrated Marketing Communications team.
- This person will focus on working with data scientists and proprietary tools to provide data-informed insights and solutions that guide development and execution of addressable audience strategy by bringing in sophisticated science and advanced analytics.
- You'll enjoy this role if you're both a big picture thinker and can enjoy a data deep dive a strong communicator both written and verbal have an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to influence others.
- This role sits at the intersection of data and strategy and requires very strong right brain/left orientation with seasoned judgment.
- To be successful you will need to understand how to scope the business challenge and lead strategic thinking to build a learning agenda and collaborate with scientists to build out the data on which you can deliver actionable insights and recommendations.
- This person needs to be an expert in big data and advanced statistics and a critical thinker with the hunger to identify and solve brands business challenges through data. This role will lead audience experimentation and developing hypotheses around key strategies and insights and you will manage ambiguity and competing priorities while staying focused on short-term and long-term goals. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative but self-driven with strong bias for action and an ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data.
- They will be a strong technical thinker focused on business intelligence with strategy expertise and a working knowledge of or experience in cross-channel media planning including TV CTV/POLV Digital OLV Display Social OOH Radio etc.
- This role requires an entrepreneur mentality to help develop and enhance audience and data products and services as well as analytic processes and innovations for advanced audience analytics. You will be resourceful and find creative solutions to complex technical and business challenges. This role will report into the Head of Audience and Cross-Channel Strategy and will be an IC at first with the goal of building out a team of 2-3 analysts that will report into you over the next 6-12 months.
- Collaborate with Head of Audience Strategy to operationalize our new audience-driven approach to advertising and marketing
- Work closely with Audience Cross-Channel Media Strategy leads to develop audience learning agenda to conduct methodical approach in business and audience analyses via modeling and analytic efforts to provide insights and outputs that can help guide audience identification and activation
- Leverage 1P and 3P proprietary data assets to generate insights through descriptive and exploratory statistics to help identify the highest value audiences for the brand/campaign based on the business drivers and KPIs
- Work with the MODE team to build measurement framework and KPIs to ensure the in-depth performance insights are delivered in a closed loop audience measurement solution that combines data/audiences media exposures and conversions
- Gather and analyze statistical data using modern and traditional methods to formulate reports and make recommendations.
- Devise and evaluate methods for collecting data Surveys Questionnaires Opinion Polls
- Collaborate with Audience Strategists and MODE team to assess performance data and bring optimization and interpretation thoughts and recommendations
- Guide the science team in database querying and data mining with the understanding of the connections across datasets
- Script writing for insight generation automation i.e. audience profile generation
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with internal teams and bring education and consultancy on how people-based data can be leveraged across the planning activation and measurement
- Assist in pioneering new approaches and work to best frame the use of data in all use cases from understanding and helping activating omni-channel addressable strategies guiding dynamic creative strategies etc.
- Remain fully informed on market trends other parties researches and implement best practices
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.
See more open positions at Apex Systems
Something looks off?