SVP of Software Engineering
Teslar Software is an innovative financial technology company located in the heart of Northwest Arkansas. We assist community banks across the country become more efficient through smart workflows and superior technology. Teslar is committed to providing its teammates with an exciting, casual atmosphere where professional growth is encouraged, and upward mobility is supported. Our team is composed of a diverse group of financial and IT professionals, all of which work together to develop and provide best in class solutions to financial institutions across the country. We offer a laid-back environment with competitive benefits and generous vacation. As our team grows, we have made it a priority to instill our core values in everything we do. We talk about them often, hire and fire based on them, and they are nonnegotiable.
- Trust above everything
- I’ve got your back
- Be resourceful, figure it out
- Challenge the present to develop the future
- A client’s success is our success
- Celebrate the Victories
The SVP of Engineering is responsible for leading the software engineering and reporting analytics teams here at Teslar. This includes mentoring and leadership of the engineering directors, and reporting analytics team. The SVP is expected to lead the teams in designing and implementing innovative software development projects in the financial banking space that has intuitive customer experience. The SVP also works closely with Product to set the architectural direction for our products. In addition, the SVP is responsible for adopting, maintaining, and implementing best practices within the software engineering team. This includes working closely with Support, CAs, QC, and other departments cross functionally to ensure day to day runs smoothly for the product reducing any downtime due to break fix through development/enhancement of the entire product lifecycle.
- Lead, mentor and support a highly effective team of passionate engineers fostering a high-performance culture.
- Responsible for ensuring that the product vision is realized through excellence in execution.
- Serves as part of the senior staff, working in an interdisciplinary manner with their peers in other departments.
- Enable a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation, and excellence while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of our engineering team.
- Recruit world‐class engineering talent and participate in the process, including attracting, screening, and closing high-caliber candidates.
- Participate in strategic planning meetings with product management, architecture, and design.
- Contribute to technical engineering designs, resource management and implementations.
- Manage the delivery of software using Teslar’s best practices.
- Build cross-department relationships centered on executing company strategy.
- Solve complex software engineering tasks while maintaining coding standards and practices.
- Communicate effectively with team members, internal and external customers.
- Create, manage, and measure KPI’s.
- Assure that departments achieve objectives and project completion within scope and timeline.
- Oversee training and development of engineering directors.
- Work with Human Resources on recruitment, managing headcount and job openings.
- Work closely with the CEO on companywide initiatives
- Exemplify Teslar’s cultural values.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc. or work equivalent
- Leadership experience specifically leading a software engineering team.
- Experience working with all aspects of software development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain approach to all levels in the organization including key stakeholders.
- Able to think strategically and see the big picture.
- Proven success working closely with Product Architect, contributing to the product strategy, and helping to successfully deliver on the product roadmap.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and concepts.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Manage several activities in parallel.
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to translate customer and business needs to technical solutions.
- The natural ability to be a champion for change.