Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Program Manager, Technology Operations
Program Manager, Technology Operations
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition R-1414926
What you'll do...
If you have a strong customer mindset, you take ownership to solve business challenges, enjoy continually learning and working in a cross functional collaborative environment, we would love to have you on our team.
We are seeking a purpose driven communications & project leader who enjoys creating creative & successful communications campaigns and is great at managing processes and projects to ensure successful execution.
As part of the Supply Chain organization, this role will be a crucial enabler of our omni transformation strategy. You will work collaboratively with business stakeholders, product and program management, and engineering teams to ensure effective communication and on-time delivery with quality results.
Our team collaborates with Walmart International, which has over 5,900 retail units operating outside of the United States under 55 banners in 26 countries including Africa, Argentina, Canada, Central America, Chile, China, India, Japan, and Mexico, to name a few.
What you'll do:
- Builds and maintains solid relationships and partnerships with stakeholders
- Develops communication content and directs creative execution to provide a consistent, targeted, and impactful message.
- Facilitates strategic communications and campaigns for specific audiences to meet business goals, placing an emphasis and discipline on campaign performance to help with recommendations for future communications.
- Develops and maintains a program schedule to track milestones and manage risk; providing updates and communicating needed changes; escalating project-related issues to management in according to guidelines and requirements.
- Monitors program and individual project progress; providing periodic project status reports and executive summaries for stakeholders and management
What you'll bring:
You will sweep us of our feet if you have…
- Experience in a Supply Chain domain
- Experience in practicing agile methodologies – Scrum, Kanban
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 4 years’ experience in communication, project management, business, or related area
- Strong communication skills (oral, verbal, and listening) as well as the ability to influence stakeholders and understand their points of view
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build collaborative relationships
- Good organizational, planning, and coordination skills
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize as needed
- Desire to take full ownership of assigned projects and can work independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Possesses a sense of urgency; is self-motivated and detail-minded
- Proactive approach in resolving problems and issues
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.3 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily virtual, while remaining near the locations Global Tech calls home. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We use our campuses to collaborate and be together in person, as business needs require and for development and networking opportunities.
Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, industrial engineering, engineering management, business, information systems, project/program management, information technology, finance, management, or related area and 3 years’ experience in project management, program management, program operations, or related area.Option 2: 5 years’ experience in project management, program management, program operations, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in computer science, management information systems, industrial engineering, engineering management, business, information systems, project/program management, information technology, finance, management, or related area and 2 years’ experience in project management, program management, program operations, or related area.
Primary Location...805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
Can I change my application after submitting?
How do you protect my personal information?
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
Recently viewed jobs
Something looks off?