Nursing Department Chairperson
University of Arkansas
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:Chair
University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff is an 1890 Land-Grant HBCU with a diverse student population, competitive degree offerings and stellar faculty.
For more than 140 years, the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff has worked to create an environment that inculcates learning, growth and productivity while affording a basic need to its students – a chance to advance.
The 15:1 student to teacher ratio makes it possible to maintain a learning environment with close interaction between students and faculty while challenging curricula encourage our students to seek and fulfill their potential.
You can excel in your chosen field of study through a curriculum of Certificate and Associates degree programs, more than thirty Undergraduate programs, Master’s degree programs and a Doctorate program in Aquaculture/Fisheries. You can also develop workplace readiness through internships, co-ops and fellowships in the U.S. and abroad.
Out-of-class experiences and student involvement include more than 90 student organizations, an internationally renowned Vesper Choir, Marching Band, Concert Bands, Wind Symphony, nationally recognized debate team, award-winning theater department and accomplished athletic program.
Though the main campus is in Pine Bluff, its reach is worldwide. UAPB has an extended campus in North Little Rock and offers as well as online courses. With the addition of the Arkansas Research and Education Optical Network (ARE-ON), students can engage in information exchange with others anywhere in the world. There are also Research and Extension offices in Lonoke, Newport and Lake Village and collaborations with other colleges and universities in the State through the National Science Foundation funded STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Academy.
As the second oldest land-grant institution in the state of Arkansas, the mission of this No Excuse University remains the same – to provide a high quality, affordable education with a personal touch. We invite you to Become a Part of the Pride at the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the hiring process and require reasonable accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 870.575.8400 .
Arts and Sciences
• Provide administrative leadership and oversight for the evaluation of the BSN and RN-to-BSN programs at the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff.
Summary of Job Duties:
• Collaborate with the nursing faculty in on-going evaluation of the BSN and RN-to-BSN programs;
• Collaborate with the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences on behalf of the Department of Nursing.
• Collaborate with the Coordinator of the Simulation Laboratory to develop, implement, and evaluate evidence- based simulation education activities across all programs;
• Collaborate with the Dean in planning faculty workloads and assignments as related to program needs.
• Collect data pertaining to budget and reporting processes in the Department of Nursing and in preparing various reports (CCNE, AACN, Arkansas Department of Higher Education, Arkansas State Board of Nursing, Higher Learning Commission,etc...)
• Attend the Department Chairs meeting in the School of Arts and Sciences;
• Participate in recruitment, selection, orientation, and retention of faculty for the Department of Nursing;
• Administer departmental budget with input from faculty and staff per university policy;
• Conduct annual and exit interviews with faculty and staff;
• Collaborate with faculty on the revisions and updates to the Department of Nursing Student Handbook and the University catalog;
• Coordinate revisions of the Department of Nursing Faculty Handbook;
• Oversee the process faculty and course evaluations, and
• Assume additional responsibilities as assigned:
o Implement the faculty role responsibilities of teaching, service, and research.
o Represent the Department of Nursing within the University, community and in the field of nursing locally, regionally, nationally, and/or internationally.
o Prepare annual and other reports related to the nursing program
• An earned doctorate in nursing or a related discipline (PhD, DNSc, DSN, DNP, or EdD)
• An active, unencumbered Registered Nurse license to practice in Arkansas or eligible for licensure in Arkansas
• Prior experience in leading a nursing program
• Demonstrated scholarship in a clinical or administrative specialization
• Substantial experience in undergraduate education and curriculum development
Commensurate with education and experience
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, Curriculum Vitae, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume, Unofficial/Official Transcript(s)
Required Documents to Apply:
Special Instructions to Applicants (Please upload all required documents in the "Resume" attachment section of your application to be considered for this position):
Recruitment Contact Information:
Onboarding & Recruitment Manager
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
No Background Check Required
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff may conduct pre-employment background checks on certain positions for applicants being considered for employment. The background checks may include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal background check or arrest pending adjudication information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absences of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a consistent, non-discriminatory manner consistent with the state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff commits itself to policies of affirmative action and diversity with respect to both employment opportunities and program participation. The Division complies with these policies not merely because of legal requirements, but because we believe that such practices are basic to human dignity. As such, the Division welcomes all applicants to apply without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status. Candidates must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.