General Manager at Ropeswing Hospitality Group
About The Role:
Ropeswing Hospitality is hiring for a General Manager.
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for managing the daily operations of the entire restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience.
The GM maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
This is a salaried, exempt position and reports directly to Ropeswing Homebase Operations.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- 401k match for Full-Time/Part-Time Employees after 2 months of service
- Employer paid Short-Term/Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits
- Paid Time Off + Company Holidays
- Maternity/Paternity Leave + Bereavement Leave
- Cell-Phone Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Potential
- Employee Assistance Program, Bicycle Share Program
- 50% discount at Ropeswing establishments for employees and up to 1 guest
Additional details concerning Benefits/Perks will be provided at time of employment.
Essential Functions & Duties:
- Provide direct supervision of all chefs, managers and hourly employees. This includes hiring, training, coaching, staffing, performance evaluations, advancement and related supervisory duties.
- Develop an annual budget for the restaurant and be responsible for the achievement and regular review thereof.
- Establish and ensure a cost-effective wage structure based on productivity and efficiency.
- Review the monthly P&L, scrutinizing costs to optimize profit margins without compromising quality.
- Drive and monitor performance through KPIs, linking results with sales and marketing activities.
- Communicate restaurant and department information at staff meetings, line-up, group presentations and through written memos
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Ensure all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs. Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
- Ensure proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- A minimum of 3 years General Management experience, or 5 plus years restaurant management experience in a high-volume, full service environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills; organized and able to multitask; advanced math, reading and computer skills.
- Working knowledge of Budgeting, Profit & Loss Statement analysis, and inventory controls
- Labor Management
- Must possess or obtain all licenses and certificates required by Arkansas health department and Alcoholic Beverage Commission.
- Ability to work on your feet for hours at a time.
- Strong beverage knowledge a plus.
Employment contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check.
In our commitment to wellness in the community, Ropeswing is proud to offer a smoke-free environment for all of our guests and employees.
*Ropeswing is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity. All employment is based on merit, qualification, and business need.*